RSS

Silence – An Explanation

20 Oct

Hi everyone,

As you probably know, I haven’t been posting or writing anything new for some time. I’m a pretty private person, so I won’t be going into details, but I feel I owe you an explanation for my long silence.

The fact is, life threw some unexpected challenges my way that affected my ability to continue this writing journey – at least at the same pace I enjoyed before. My reaction (rather predictably in retrospect) was withdrawal and denial. A month of silence turned into months and then years. I am doing my best to continue this journey but it is quite a struggle!:) It is probably a cliche to say ‘things happen for a reason’ but the truth is that I have learned a lot about life and about myself in these past few years, about not giving up in the face of adversity, and that there are blessings all around us if we can only see them. I am also grateful that many of you continued to read and comment on my stories all this time. Thank you for your voice during my silence:)

I will still not be updating this website or my blog much, probably not till book 3 comes out (yes, I’ve not given up on it), but I felt I owed a long overdue explanation and apology for my silence these past years. I will keep this site and my blog up, but I still won’t be very active (if at all). Thanks, everyone, and happy reading – and writing – to you:)

Isabella

22 Comments

Posted by on October 20, 2018 in General

22 responses to “Silence – An Explanation

1. janisj8

October 20, 2018 at 11:29 pm

I am just so happy to hear from you! 😄!!!!

2. janisj8

October 20, 2018 at 11:33 pm

I’m so happy you reached out to us! You just made my day! I don’t know what else to say but that I’m happy. You are truly one of my all time favorite authors! 😄

3. Fiona Collyer

October 21, 2018 at 12:29 am

Hi all the way from England just wanted to say it is good to see your email and like everone else we will wait for book 3….. .p.s. hope you are now well
    Many thanks Fiona Collyer

4. Lisa Doney

October 21, 2018 at 3:01 am

Thank you! I love your stories and am looking forward to book 3. Take care!

5. maryannwilliams2013Maryann

October 21, 2018 at 4:05 am

Happy that you are ok

6. Susan Daniel

October 21, 2018 at 7:41 am

I am so happy to hear from you, I hope all is well and that you are on the mend ,I am very excited that you are still writing book three as I loved the first two and would like to know what happens but I can be patient as well it will come out when you are ready ,take care I’m thinking of you xx

7. Amy

October 21, 2018 at 11:08 am

It’s exciting to hear from you! I’m glad you are continuing with book 3 even after what sounds like a rough few years. I’m really looking forward to reading it but take all the time that you need.

8. Jasmin

October 22, 2018 at 1:18 pm

Thank you for giving us an update, I’m happy to hear that you are ok! And I’m also very excited to hear that book 3 is still in the making because I loved the two first books and I am really looking forward to reading the third. Positive and kind thoughts to you from Denmark.

9. Waterlily10

October 22, 2018 at 4:38 pm

You have fans who haven’t forgotten about you and still rooting for you. Life isn’t easy but I’m sure you’re a fighter. We will buy Book 3. Please take care of yourself!

10. Denise

November 1, 2018 at 5:34 pm

My love and prayers will be with you as you travel your journey. I am grateful to know you are ok… Know you are not alone in the great struggle of life!! Thank you for your email i think all your fans will be cheering for you…I know i will be!!! 🙂 I also hope our savior Jesus Christ will be with you & heal you as you move forward & I hope you will find JOY every day!!! Hugs from afar!!! 🙂

11. Ksenon

November 13, 2018 at 3:57 pm

We are still here!!!!

12. Annemarie Fulcer

November 18, 2018 at 4:54 am

Thank you I’m so glad you haven’t given up -and that you’re still working on book 3- sending you ❤️

13. Jess

November 29, 2018 at 10:34 pm

Super glad to hear that you’re well, I honestly did wonder throughout the years! Awesome to hear that you’re still writing- even if just for yourself! Best wishes ❤

14. Denise

December 26, 2018 at 8:48 pm

Wishing you a very merry Christmas and Happy New Year! sending love and hugs to you!!! 🙂

15. Linda Birr-Pixton

January 13, 2019 at 10:16 am

I am thrilled that you have shared with us. There is much affection for you and your writing. x

16. Educating-medics

January 27, 2019 at 10:31 am

I’m so happy to hear that book 3 is still being written! I know it’s still super early and please don’t feel pressured but do you have any idea when it will be finished?

17. Amina

January 31, 2019 at 10:18 pm

I’m so glad that you haven’t stopped writing the third book, and that you are still out and about. Still looking forward for its release after all these years and just enjoying rereading mesmer as much as I can 😄

• Amina

January 31, 2019 at 10:19 pm

And good luck with everything!

18. Bethanie

February 28, 2019 at 1:00 am

I get excited every time I see a new comment come up from your websote, hoping each time it will be an announcement with a book 3 release date. So glad that you are still working on it. I really can’t wait to read it(although I think I may need to reread the other two books now, as it has been a while).

19. Jp

April 22, 2019 at 4:13 pm

Hi Isabella, I’m sorry to hear of your struggles. Thinking of you. Waiting for book 3 however long it takes. With love from Scotland. X

20. C.W.

June 24, 2019 at 6:55 pm

I have a childhood friend who has been struggling to write a book for about 9 years now and while I’m not sure how far she’s gotten on it as she is also a very private person and dealing with her own personal struggles, the one thing I am always glad to hear is that she is still working on it and hasn’t given up. No matter how long the process or even if she never fully finishes to her satisfaction, I am still glad that she puts so much effort into something that she values and that she wants to share with others. I feel the same way with your work. And while I would love to read the third book and will continue to wait for it, I wish more that you enjoy your journey and find fulfillment in your life. I hope you adjust to those curve balls as best as your able and find an easier pace with fewer future struggles. May your heart feel joy and your soul feel peace, and may you discover more friendships to brighten the journey ahead.

21. Remi

August 28, 2019 at 6:49 pm

Considering we are all checking back 6 and 7 years later, your books were valued and enjoyed! Looking forward to book three 🙂